Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Green Leaves
Today I was driving to the store and I passed a huge tree. Most of the leaves on this tree were green. This is unusual because I live in Utah, and it's November. As I drove past, I noticed something else unusual, these beautiful green leaves were dancing out of the tree. They fluttered to the ground like wisps of emerald paper thrown one by one out a skyscraper window. The road and grass under the tree were littered with these seemingly healthy looking leaves. It was beautiful and somewhat discombobulating all at the same time. I pondered how something could seem so unprepared for the changes coming, and yet, it's more ready than we realize. People are the same way. At least I am in my life. I see changes coming and I think to myself, " uh oh. . . I'm not ready for this!" Only to get out on the other side and realize that I was perfectly prepared. In fact, if i had waited any longer, the opportunity would have been lost. So. . . Here's to ditching the green leaves of our lives when we need to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment