Sunday, November 13, 2011
Micro reminders
My husband has an apparent inability to shut the front door when we leave the house. You might think that this would bother me. . . You would be wrong. For some strange reason, when I come home and my front door is cracked slightly, I suddenly feel a nearly overwhelming love for this man who now shares my life, my home and my front door. (And luckily my utility bill. ) I come home to an empty house, but that door left open a tiny crack is like a little reminder that I have someone in my life who loves me and wants to take care of me. One other sweet reminder, He types in Dvorak. I can't type in Dvorak, but he hates typing in Qwerty. My computer is on the fritz, and therefore, he has graciously given me the passwords to his computer, and thereby, his entire life. Nearly every time I pick up his computer and go to type, it comes out looking like this: oyay.m.byo ap. ,rbe.pugnv I often get that far before I realize the keys are set in Dvorak, and I have to erase everything, change the keyboard back, and start over. I just have to smile because there is someone who loves and trusts me enough to give me free access to his computer, his life, his microcosm, and he doesn't even get irritated when I forget to change it back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment