Friday, January 13, 2012

bats.

I think I'm really funny.  In fact I am really funny.  I walk through life laughing at myself.  Most of the time I'm the only one.  This makes me look like I've got a screw loose. 
It also makes me a little sad.  After all, there are few things more pathetic than someone having a gut laugh and no one else joining in the merriment.  Kind of like there is nothing more jovial than a room full of friends or family splitting their sides.
I have several theories about why people don't seem to realize how funny I am.  The theory currently winning in my head is that my brain is a little off.  Not that I'm crazy really, just that my brain must work differently than most peoples brains.  See, I learned when I was in college, one of those random tidbits that just magically stuck with me, that humor is what happens when the brain makes a new connection.  It made sense to me then as it does now, though explaining it is a bit difficult.  However, I'm currently hypothesizing that people don't realize I'm funny because most people are missing some crucial brain connection that allows them to make the same connections I'm making, thereby, I'm not as funny to them as I am to me.  I've decided that the problem can't be in my brain because I'm getting the funny.  (he he he see, self delusion does work.)
Another hypothesis is that I've started laughing at myself as a self preservation mechanism.  This life can be hard.  For instance this morning when it was time to get up, I literally started crying.  The thought of the nice warm bed sitting there all lonely was just so wretched that I literally wept.  My poor bed with no one to enjoy it's nice warmth or to snore away the day. . . can you imagine that.  It's a very hard life I lead.  So, to stave off the tragic effects of my lonely bed, I laugh at myself. yeah, maybe not.
One more hypothesis, which I guess is the other side of the coin from the primary hypothesis (I told you it was winning) is that the synapses in my brain are missing or wired wrong.  I do not like this theory.  I do not like it at all because it means I have bats in the belfry. 
However, if I have to have bats in the belfry in order to be able to laugh at myself, then send in the bats. . . or was it clowns. . . I don't get clowns. . . they are very unfunny.

2 comments:

  1. For the record, I find you funny. :) I think I'm funny, too . . . although either out of pity or true merriment many people validate that thought by laughing when I think I've been funny. Hmm. Man, I love this blog so much. Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are hilarious! And, so I come to the same conclusion as you-- the world is missing its neruons, or something to that fact. :) Im glad you started blogging- it makes my soul happy. <3

    ReplyDelete